|To search the database for the type of accommodation that exactly matches your requirements, use the boxes below.|
The Sarova Mara Game Camp stands on slightly raised ground, astride two streams, and amid landscaped gardens, within the world-renowned Mara reserve.
The Masai Mara is 270 miles from Nairobi (five hours by road). All weather air strip - less than an hour from Nairobi by plane.
The camp offers 75 tents, each with electricity and ensuite bathrooms (with hot and cold running water and flushed WCs).
Dining and bars
The Isokon Restaurant offers a wide range of cuisine and evening barbecues held by the swimming pool beneath the star-filled skies. The restaurant has two sections, one internal and one external with a canopy. Breakfast and lunch are buffets, whilst dinner is Table D'hote. The capacity is 150 people. The Oloip Bar is located on the ground floor and offers a blazing log fire and nightly Maasai dance and musical performances.
What to see and do
- Visit to the Isokon Maasai Cultural Village.
- Nature trails around the camp
- Guided wildlife/bird/flora and fauna walks are offered in the greater Mara area (9-15 kms and feature picnic lunches.
- Heritage talks by a Maasai elder and Maasai morans.
- Maasai beadwork demonstrations
- The camp offers champagne breakfasts in the bush and an evening in an authentic Maasai village (with dinner and dancing and an African buffet, which will also include game meat).
- Daily game drives ( 0600hrs - 0800hrs, 1600hrs - 1800hrs).
- The camp also offers a series of massage option (Swedish, Therapeutic or Aromatherapy), which can be taken inside or outside in the wild.
- Balloon safaris (at additional cost)