|Search by destination|
|To search the database for the destination of your choice, use the boxes below.|
- The Carnivore: (Location: Langata Rd near Wilson Airport) The Carnivore is probably Nairobi most famous restaurant, voted amongst the worlds top 50 restaurants, a ‘must’ for every tourist. Large, busy, efficiently run with excellent service, the Carnivore specializes in Kenyan traditional cuisine, namely BBQ’d meat (with plenty of vegetarian choices). There is also a popular hot-spot disco at the ‘Simba Saloon’, which hosts a Rock Night on Wednesday and ‘Soul’ on Sunday evenings. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Safe and secure parking.
- Village Market: (Location: Gigiri (five minutes from the UN), Limuru road) The Village Market offers a wide range of cuisines, some in formal restaurants, some in the central fast-food mall. Busy, totally international and also offering a wide range of shops it offers; Italian, Chinese, African, Burgers, a German Pub and more. Safe and secure parking.
- The Pavement Club n’ Café: (Location: off the Westlands roundabout in the Westview Centre) A combined restaurant café and coffee shop with a buzzing bar and disco. There’s a choice of Japanese, Thai and Mediterranean food and European grills. They also have theme nights — salsa is usually on Thursdays.
- The Lord Erroll: (Location: off Limuru road, Runda) An elegant restaurant with an international clientele, set in urban surroundings, serving a varied menu with excellent barbecue, Italian, oriental and European dishes. Safe and secure parking.
- The Tamarind Restaurant: (Location: Town Centre: National Bank Bldg, Harambee Avenue) Part of the Tamarind Group, this is another of Nairobi’s most famous and most respected restaurants with an international clientele spanning all age groups. Eclectic menu: superb seafood as well as a broad range of global choices. Safe and secure parking.
- Tamambo Bar and Grill: (Location: The Mall, Westlands) Part of the Tamarind Group, one of Kenya’s most respected restaurant groups, renowned for their seafood. Tamambo is a slightly more relaxed and trendy version of the famous Tamarind (above). European and global cuisine. Safe and secure parking.
- Restaurant Misono: (Location: Lenana Road, Hurlingham) Authentic Japanese restaurant; very popular at lunch time and in the evenings. Safe and secure parking.
- The Moonflower Restaurant: (Location: Palacina Restaurant, Kitale Lane, Hurlingham) Stylish Mediterranean restaurant with good grills and excellent vegetarian choices, tasteful inside and outside seating and Jazz at weekends. Safe and secure parking.
- Haandi Restaurant: (Location: The Mall, Westlands) Indian restaurant with an excellent reputation, very popular with the local Asian community; serves authentic north Indian cuisine. Safe and secure parking.
- Cedars Restaurant: (Location: Hurlingham, Lenana Road) Authentic Lebanese cuisine; international clientele, relaxed ambiance, inside and outside dining. Safe and secure parking.
- Fairview Hotel: (Location: Bishops Road, town centre) Wine cellar, Japanese Sushi Bar, Gourmet restaurant and outside European café. Safe and secure parking.
- Nairobi Serena Hotel: (Location: Valley Road, town centre) The Nairobi Serena offers one of the city’s best ‘fine dining’ experiences in its Mandhari Restaurant, which overlooks the pool and offers monthly international ‘themed’ events. Safe and secure parking.
- Safari Park Hotel and Casino: (Location: 15 minutes outside the centre of town, heading north) More of a theme park than a hotel, the Safari Park offers a Chinese Restaurant, a Japanese Restaurant and A European Café, a BBQ restaurant serving game meat and many other choices with a really good floor show by the famous dance troupe ‘The Safari Cats’. Safe and secure parking.
- Furatsato: (Location: Karuna Road, Westlands) Popular Japanese food in relaxed setting with inside and outside seating and secure parking.
- Alan Bobbe’s Bistro: Location: Riverside, Westlands) A traditional French restaurant established some forty years ago and still one of the capital’s favourite restaurants. Inside and outside dining options and secure parking.
- Le Rustique: (Location: General Mathenge Road, Westlands) Relaxed garden restaurant with international choices of a Mediterranean flavour. Showcase for local art, excellent meeting place. Safe and secure parking.
- Pampa Churrascaria: (Location: The Panari Sky Centre, Mombasa Road) Authentic Brazilian restaurant with wide range of meat and vegetarian choices. Equidistant between the international airport and town. Safe and secure parking.
- Mediterraneo: (Location: The Junction Shopping Centre, Ngong Road and Woodvale Grove, Westlands) Traditional Italian cuisine and wines in stylish rustic setting: The Junction branch offers extensive outside terrace seating as well as indoor seating. The Woodvale Grove restaurant is much smaller and more intimate. Safe and secure parking at the Junction Restaurant, on street parking in Westlands.
- Talisman: [Location: Karen suburbs (20 minute’s drive from city centre)] European and oriental fusion menu, very popular Karen meeting place for both foot and drinks. Relaxed, with fireplaces, garden terrace and secure parking.
- Mercury Lounge: (Location: ABC Place, Waiyaki Way, Lavington) Stylish cocktail bar in retro style which also serves South American snacks and menu choices.
- Siam Thai: (Location: First Floor, Unga House, Muthithi Road, Westlands) Indian-run but authentic Thai cuisine in quiet but elegant indoor setting with secure parking.
- Makuti Park: (Location: South B Shopping Centre, Mchumbi Road, South B suburb) Very popular with local clientele, this partially open air venue, which originally became famous for its live music, serves simple, cheap but good Kenyan choices such as BBQ meat and traditional vegetable side-dishes and a wide choice of Swahili dishes. Children’s corner.
- Trattoria: (Location: Wabera Street, town centre) One of Nairobi’s longest established Italian restaurants, the Trattoria rarely disappoints – fresh pizza and past, excellent dish of the day and good ice cream. Internal and street seating – limited tables on upper balcony.